- Current disciplinary research interests
Impacts of urbanization on antibiotic-resistant bacterial communities
Genetic diversity of E. coli population
The diversity and distribution of tetracycline-resistant bacteria and tetracycline-resistant genes
Bacterial pollutant source tracking
- Interest in connecting sustainability to research
Teaching: I am interested in diseases of poverty, especially infectious diseases. I would like to collaborate with colleagues who are interested in sustainable healthcare systems and policies and develop team-teach courses integrating biological sciences and social sciences.
Research: My student researchers and I study environmental impacts on the bacterial community composition, particularly the abundance, diversity, and distribution of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and antibiotic-resistant genes.
Service: Testing the levels of indicator bacteria to assess water quality in the environment.
- Sustainability courses taught
- Human Genetics
- Infectious Disease Ecology (May)
- Infectious Disease in Movies (May)
- Disease and Culture (FYW)
- Molecular Biotechniques (May)
- Principles of Biology