Assistant Professor of French, Modern Languages
Furman Hall 235G
- Current disciplinary research interests
Francophone literatures, translingual Francophone writers (Vassilis Alexakis), literary bilingualism, self-translation, questions of cultural identity, language memoirs, exile narratives, Haitian women writers of the Diaspora, autofiction, spatial/geographical perspectives in literature
- Interest in connecting sustainability to research
My interest in sustainability is mostly service-based (New Orleans May X) but also relates to some of my research (spatial/geographical perspectives in literature) and teaching (Haiti, Haitian culture and literature).
- Sustainability courses taught
- UST-117: Working Toward a Sustainable New Orleans
- FYS-1163: Haitian Women Narrating Home and Exile
- FRN-325: French Architecture in Context
- FRN-435: Literatures in French: Writing Across Worlds
- FYS-1204: Who Will be France’s Next President?