adjunct professor, earth and environmental science
Sustainability courses taught
- Current disciplinary research interests
I am a collaborator in a Shi Center funded project examining stakeholder preferences for future alternative food systems in the Upstate. I have also recently examined empathy expression in social media interactions within the broader context of empathy as an antecedent for pro-environmental or pro-social actions.
- Interest in connecting sustainability to research
My interest in sustainability stems from a deep interest in, and connection with, the environment. My research focuses on one key element of sustainability; food systems. In addition, teaching leadership provides ample opportunity to help students consider how they can consider people, prosperity, and the planet while leading others. I am interested in collaboration and frequently work with natural and physical scientists to develop research programs that are both interdisciplinary and robust.
- Center-funded research projects
- Co-P.I.with J.E. Quinn, M. Cohen. Exploring diverse perspectives on sustainable farming to develop land use models for the future health of the Upstate
Quantifying the environmental benefits of local farm systems in Upstate South Carolina.
Conservation scenario planning for the Upstate
- Environmental Leadership (at UNL)
- Human Systems, SUS120