Assistant Professor, Sociology
- Current disciplinary research interests
Urban and suburban development, historic preservation, gentrification, urban sustainability
- Interest in connecting sustainability to research
I will be teaching Environmental Sociology, a course that focuses on consumption, environmental justice, and urban sustainability.
My current research concerns historic district designation and its effects on neighborhoods (social sustainability), but grows out of a broader interest in historic preservation as an environmentally sustainable approach to urban development.
- Sustainability courses taught
- Urban Sociology (part)
- Environmental Sociology
- Social Problems: Consumption
- First Year Writing Seminar: Imagining the City (part)