Select dorm or apartment housing in 2014.
- Full kitchen, 4 locking bedrooms with full-sized beds in each, 2 bathrooms, living room, patio or balcony, community charcoal grills. Full size fridge, microwave, eating bar with stools. Utensils and cooking pots/pans not supplied. Rental linens optional. Elevators, ice machines, laundry rooms.
- 1/2 apartment (2 bedrooms with private bath, shared kitchen and living room)
- Full apartment
- No kitchen. 2 extra-long single beds, 2
chests, 2 desks, 2 closets, carpet, A/C, microfridge with
freezer and small microwave. A small bathroom
connects the two room suite. Remember these
are college dorms, so they do not come furnished with curtains, linens,
hair dryers, etc. The shower curtain is supplied. Linen/sheet/pillow
sets are available for rent. No kitchen.
- 1 room for 2, shared suite bath
- 2 rooms for 4 (full suite with private bath between rooms)
Several local hotels offer a Furman discount. Two hotels are located a five minute drive north of the campus on the outskirts of Travelers Rest. The Hampton Inn of Travelers Rest
offers the FU discount. The Sleep Inn of Travelers Rest
does not offer the discount but offers lower rates. Both have exterior swimming pools and continental breakfast. View additional hotel options
Our Meal Options
Dining Hall Meal Plans
: Select the Lunch-Only option or the Full Meal Plan. Advanced purchase required - we are not permitted to pay at the door.
The 'DH' offers multiple buffet lines with a variety of all-you-can-eat options
including a brick pizza oven, pasta and stir-fry stations, salad and sandwich bars
and a dessert area. The DH is a beautiful semi-circle facility offering two levels of seating
over-looking the Furman lake.
A-la-carte: Furman's Trone University Center
offers a-la-carte options and a variety of local restaurants are also available within a 5-10 minute drive from campus.
- Lots of cool grass for running, playing and napping. Ranked and awarded
as one of the most beautiful campuses in the nation, Furman abounds with
garden, grass and tree areas for lounging and playing. Between the
music complex and the Lakeside dorms is a large area popular with frisbee and kickball players. Bring a blanket and enjoy a picnic meal beside the Furman lake - but don't feed the wildlife!
- Walking and biking
paths are located throughout the campus, including the adjacent Swamp Rabbit Trail, a refurbished train path ideal for longer hikes and bikes. The trail is a
scenic walkway that stretches from Travelers Rest to downtown Greenville,
passing through the west edge of the campus. Campus Map.
- A saline pool, part of the Furman Physical Activities
Center, is available free of charge one hour a week for Suzuki Institute
participants. (Limit of 50 per day at a specific time assigned to the institute) Instead
of chlorine, the pool uses a state-of-the-art recycled saline sanitation system.
No more burning eyes or faded swim suits!
- A craft room, hosted by Suzuki staff, will be available 3-4 hours a day within the performing arts complex. Parents and students may visit as their schedule permits. (Parents must remain with their children - we are not able to offer baby/child-sitting.)
- Furman Golf Course: Learn more.