Take the next step in your career and become a leader in the education arena. It all begins when you apply to Furman. Follow our application steps to begin building a strong foundation for your success.
General Admission Requirements
To be admitted to our Graduate Studies in Education program, you must meet the following requirements before you can apply for admission:
- Licensure (or eligible for licensure) as South Carolina teacher
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution or a Teacher Education Program that is recognized by the South Carolina Board of Education.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 in undergraduate coursework, or permission from the Director of Graduate Studies in Education.
- Complete our application form
Complete our admission application, and return it to the Office of Graduate Studies in Education with a $55 nonrefundable, one-time application fee. Choose your application:
- Submit two completed recommendation forms
Ask two individuals who are familiar with your teaching career or your academic work to complete a recommendation form. Recommendations should come from your principal, assistant principal, instructional coach or department chair. Applicants are responsible for having the individuals submit recommendations on the forms provided by the Office of Graduate Studies. Recommendations may be completed in print or online.
- Submit your licensure scores
- Provide a copy of your current teaching certificate
When submitting your admission application, be sure to include a copy of your most recent teaching certificate.
- Submit your official undergraduate transcript
Contact any undergraduate school that you attended, and have the institution send an official transcript to our office.