All talented and passionate artists are invited to attend one of our scholarship days. We don't require auditions to be admitted to our program, but if you're seeking a scholarship, you'll need to audition or interview. Our auditions are open to high school seniors and students interested in all aspects of theatre.
We have conveniently created two audition weekends, which offer you and your family the opportunity to meet our faculty, tour our facilities and campus, and meet with an admission counselor.
Apply for an audition
If you're interested in pursuing a scholarship, complete the Common Application. Once that is complete, you can sign up for an audition and interview. We offer two dates for auditions:
- November 18, 2017 (Early Decision & Early Action applicants)
- February 24, 2018 (Early Action & Regular Decision applicants)
As a major, you must meet all the major requirements and enroll in theatre classes your freshman year. As a non-major, you must commit to participating in one performance a year and take one theatre class per semester. All students must have a 3.0 grade point average in their theatre arts classes and a 2.0 cumulative average to renew their scholarships. Apply now.
What are we looking for?
To be considered for a scholarship as a performer, the following guidelines must be followed in our auditions:
- Conduct an audition and interview with at least two members of our faculty.
- Perform two contrasting monologues, or one monologue and one song. If singing, be sure to bring your own accompaniment on USB drive or device with an auxiliary output.
- Bring four copies of your head shot and resume.
If you'd prefer to pursue a scholarship on the basis of your backstage or design experience, bring a portfolio featuring your work and four copies of your resume to your interview. Your portfolio doesn't need to be extensive to earn consideration.
Have a question?
Questions about our audition weekends? Contact Coady Shovlain, Coordinator of Fine Arts Recruitment, at 864.294.3402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.